How to refund orders to store credit in Magento
Refunding an order to store credit with Magento and Magecredit is very easy.
To learn how to do it simply follow these step-by-step instructions or watch the video below.
How to return to store credit
- First, log into you Magento backend
- Next, go to the order you want to refund to store credit.
- Select the Credit Memo tab and start a credit memo. In Magento a refund record is
called a Credit Memo in case you didn't already know that.
- On the bottom of the order in the totals you should see a box that lets you specify
the amount to give in store credit. Enter the amount and then press the button to
complete the credit memo
- If you wish to notify your customer and you aren't automatically notifying customers
(this is a config option) then you should notify your customer at this time.
You can always see a record of all store credit amounts that all your customers in Magento have by going to Reports -> Customers -> Store Credit Report